The world of wine would not be the same without a centrifuge and all the necessary elements for quality production. Winemaking is similar to putting together a puzzle, if a piece is missing, it is impossible to finish it… The same thing happens with wine, when a piece is missing in the production system, the taste is most likely to not be the best or that the final product won’t have the desired quality.
A clear example of this is how centrifugal machines are used for the wine clarification process. This is a fundamental step for the wine to obtain a great flavor and, above all, a high quality; the separation technology is vital for quality of the yield, purity and flavor of the wine.
Centrifuges are also fundamental for the treatment of turbidity and to ensure that the wine has a good aroma. If a centrifuge is not used to eliminate bad odors from wine or to eliminate the residues that arise in its production, the experience of consuming it would be very different from what we know today and probably vineyards and wines would not have the popularity they have these days.
In general, in wine production, centrifuges are essential for any process where it is necessary to clarify liquids or separate solids; If machinery of this type is not used, the must remains in contact with the turbidity for longer than it would with a centrifuge and this would end up affecting its quality due to the excess of phenol that is always present in the turbidity.
Continuing with the same example of the previous paragraph, the centrifuges operates with the sufficient quality to quickly process must residues that have a high solids content. What would happen if this is not processed quickly? Production costs would be higher, waste treatment would be more complex and at the end of the day, all these details lead to significantly higher maintenance and cleaning costs.
In the world of wine, it is normal to question the investment required to have a centrifuge, considering that rotary vacuum filters also exist; however, in the long term, the investment is worth it for all the operating costs that simplify wine production and, above all, increase its quality.
Here are some highlights of the benefits of using centrifuges for wine production:
● Goodbye to filter cloths and similar materials that add little quality to the production process. Same with filter aids.
● Modernization of the wine production process.
● Lower spending on administration and cleaning issues.
● Use of solids and better treatment of waste from the production process.
● A centrifugal machine offers more hygienic processes that end up influencing an increase in the quality of the final product.
● Machinery of this type is made of high quality stainless steel and is resistant to acids and corrosion.
● The centrifuge not only improves the production process, it also offers outstanding performance with low environmental impact.
If you are interested in knowing which is the best equipment for your wine production, do not hesitate to contact our experts.